TV & Film
Film in Central New York
Location, location, location! And of course, cost.
There are many reasons Utica and Oneida County are growing as a popular destination for film and television productions. Take a look at our top reasons to consider us for your next location!
Why Oneida County?
- Diversity in locations ranging from nostalgic small towns to rural landscapes to cityscapes to stunning architecture… oh, and the views are stunning!
- Our location within New York State is ideal for productions traveling in any direction. We are located in the middle of NY with quick and easy access via I-90. Oneida County is also the southernmost part of the Adirondack Mountain Range which is another popular location for filming.
- We are home to a variety of hotels, restaurants and car services for all of your travel needs.
- Productions are eligible for tax incentives.
- Affordability! We are lucky to live in an area that is cost effective! You will find that the hotels, restaurants, attractions, etc. are extremely affordable.
- The Stanley Soundstage. The Stanley Theatre is working diligently to change the face of the Motion Picture, Television, and Arts industries here in the greater Utica New York area and surrounding Mohawk Valley region. With the aggressive Film Tax Incentive Program in Upstate New York, we drive production and post-production work to our neighboring cities and towns in a cost-effective manner.