30 Ways to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Oneida County!
Food, drinks & entertainment!
St. Patrick’s Day is a great holiday because Irish or not, most people like to celebrate. Whether it’s attending the parade, indulging in a Guinness or finally eating that corned beef sandwich you’ve been thinking about, it’s easy to be Irish for a day (or week!).
We’ve put together a list of 30 ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Oneida County. The list is broken down into three categories: Foodies (restaurant events/specials) Drinks (brewery and bar events/specials) and General Entertainment! Check our list below and let us know how you plan to celebrate!
Starting today is the 2019 St. Patrick’s Day Parade Grand Marshal Reception (Utica)! The Stanley is hosting this event TODAY (3/12) from 6-9pm. They will do “The Passing of The Shillelagh” where last year’s Grand Marshal, Judy Weeks, will transition this year’s nominee, John Sullivan. Tix are $20 at the door & includes light fare, beer and wine and Irish music.
- G’s Restaurant & Champion’s Buffet at Vernon Downs (Vernon) – Special menu from March 13-16th! There will be Irish faves like corned beef & cabbage, Irish bangers & mash, and shepherd’s pie. Champion’s Buffet will also be running a special menu from the 16-17th! Don’t forget to pair your meals with a Guinness.
- The Savoy Restaurant (Rome) –Bar specials and pub fare all week long plus an Irish Brunch on Sunday, 3/17. They’ll also have happy hour specials all night!
- Killabrew Saloon (New Hartford) – Events Saturday and Sunday! 3/16 there will be live music from 2-4pm and on 3/17 music 7-10pm.
- Piggy Pat’s Smoke & Ale House (New Hartford) – Post-parade party from 1-4pm with the Blarney Rebel Band. Great Irish food, drink specials, Irish dancers and more!
- Shade Bar and Grill at Delta by Marriott Hotel (Utica) – St. Patrick’s Day Brunch on Sunday, 3/17 starting at 11am. Regular lunch menu + a limited brunch menu with a St. Patrick’s Day twist and $4 bellinis!
- Babe’s at Harbor Point (Utica) – Babe’s is currently revamping and offering deals! Guinness on draft, authentic burgers & mash, Irish meatballs and more. Limited time.
- Swifty’s Restaurant and Pub (Utica) – Specials running all week and open on parade day! Corned beef & cabbage with potatoes, carrots and a side of soda bread as well as bangers & mash special with Guinness gravy.
- The Celtic Harp (Utica) – St. Paddy’s Day featuring Last Left on 3/16! Stop by after the parade and celebrate with live music! Events kick off at 10 AM.
- John Devereux's Tavern (Utica) –Open at 9am on parade day serving Reuben & Rachael sandwiches while they last and the greenest beer + plenty of Guinness & Jameson!
- Polish Community Center (Utica) – St. Patrick’s Day Party on Saturday, 3/16. Events kick off at 9 AM. After the parade, join them for live entertainment, Irish and Polish food and drinks! Admission is FREE.
- Tailor and the Cook (Utica) – Serving Irish fare all week long with their Chef’s Tasting Menu and a nod to Chef Hardiman’s Irish Heritage! There will be a four-course tasting menu with unique twists on Irish cuisine. We recommend making a reservation!
- Woodland Farm Brewery (Marcy) –Open at 8 AM for a liquid breakfast before the parade. Brunch menu available too!
- Prospect Falls Winery (Prospect) – Join for their parade in Prospect on 3/16. Starts at the winery at 1pm with music from Cathie Timian from 2-5pm. Kevin Keating will be playing Sunday from 3-5pm. Two afternoons of wine tasting and live music!
- Copper City Brewing (Rome) – Hosting Weekend Shenanigans 3/16-17. On Saturday, they’re releasing three signature St. Paddy’s Day brews and on Sunday they’ll have live music from Mighty Craic and delicious eats.
- 16 Stone Pub & Brewery (Holland Patent) – Also celebrating all weekend with Carson Murphy performing on the 16th & Craobh Dugan on the 17th. Irish Pub Food and a special beer!
- Nail Creek Pub & Brewery (Utica) – Open at 8 am giving away 100 free shirts for the first people who buy a beer. Breakfast burritos and corned beef through lunch! Normal brunch hours for Sunday.
BAR & RESTAURANT EVENTS
- Chophouse by Chesterfield at DoubleTree (Utica) – Join Chophouse at DoubleTree on 3/14 from 5-7pm for St. Paddy’s Happy Hour with Shawn Smith and Irish dancers. This event benefits the Thea Bowman House and your ticket will include two beers and apps! Tix $15 in advance, $20 at the door.
- Parade Party at Delta by Marriott – Find warmth, beer and grub during and after the parade! Fully stocked satellite bar from 8am-12pm, extra kegs of Utica Club and plenty of Bailey’s Irish coffee. Food specials like Irish nachos, beer brat sandwiches, Reuben sliders & more!
- Ocean Blue (Utica) – Shamrock the Block with free admission on parade day! The day kicks off at 8am with a traditional Irish breakfast buffet (served until 11am - $18 for adults, $9 for kids). Ocean Blue will offer awesome views of the parade and DJ Brandon C will be spinning music ‘til 2pm!
- Ancora (Utica) – Serving early on two bars on parade day! A perfect spot along the route to watch the parade.
- Raising of the Irish Flag (Utica) (3/13) – At Utica City Hall on Wednesday at 12pm!
- Purse Bingo at Vernon Downs (Vernon) (3/14)– St. Patty’s Day Purse Bingo! Doors open at 5 PM. There will be 16 bingo games included in the cost with a chance to win designer bags, door prizes, raffles and more. Cash bar and food also available!
- Painting of the Green Line (Utica) (3/15) – Takes place in front of The Stanley on Friday at 11am!
- Saint Patrick’s Mass (Utica) (3/15) – At St. Joseph & St. Patrick Church at 7pm, Irish music begins at 6:30pm.
- Weekend Celebration at Copperccino’s Coffee House (Rome) (3/15-17) – A full weekend of events beginning Friday with local Irish music. 3/16-17 they’ll be serving beer and wine from Villa Verona Vineyard along with a special event menu!
- Patrick’s Day Mad Mile (Utica) (3/16) – The Sneaker Store is hosting 2nd Annual Mad Mile Race right before the parade! Rock your best Irish outfit and get ready to dash down Genesee St. People marching and watching the parade will be there to cheer the runners on! Race kicks off at 9:45 AM sharp - $25 in advance, $30 day of race.
- Utica St. Patrick’s Day Parade (3/16) – The Great American Irish Festival is excited to host this year’s parade! Events kick off at 10 AM but arrive early to get your seat. Make sure to watch for road closures and plan your parking as the parade takes over part of Genesee St. in downtown Utica!
- Irish Tea Fundraiser at Oneida County History Center (Utica) (3/16) – Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with their 4th Annual Irish Tea at 1pm featuring hot beverages, Irish fare, food, prizes & more. Presentation on our Irish ancestors & traditional Irish songs. Tix are $18 per person or two for $30. All proceeds benefit Oneida County History Center!
- Irish Evening at the KAC (Clinton) (3/16) – A lovely Irish evening at the Kirkland Art Center at 5pm featuring traditional Irish musicians, Irish Dancers, Barry’s tea and soda bread, Irish beers & more! $15 KAC members, $20 general admission.
- Irish Events at Turning Stone (Verona) – On 3/16 there’s the Greenest Person Contest & Bingo with costume prizes & a chance to win a trip for two to Ireland! On 3/17 celebrate Patrick’s Day in the poker room. High hand prizes & specials on Reuben sandwiches!
- Woods Valley (Westernville) (3/17) – Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at Woods Valley as they host one more party this season! Fan favorite Annie in the Water will be performing as well as other bands throughout the day.