Media & Travel Writers
Thank you for your interest in the Utica-Rome area, Oneida County ... Central New York's Getaway Region! The area has four well developed travel seasons, rich cultural heritage, and world-class attractions. Let us help you experience Oneida County to the fullest. Call for itinerary planning, contact information, guided tours, resources, images and more.
Need story ideas?
- Recreation abounds! We have everything from summertime beaches to downhill ski areas, snowmobiling, gaming, harness racing, stock cars and outdoor exploration year round. Twenty-two lakes and waterways make us an angler's dream.
- Our Cultural Corridor is packed with every genre of the arts.......performing arts at The Stanley, twelve (12) ethnic heritage festivals every year, Munson-Williams-Proctor Museum of Art, Sculpture Space - an artist in residence program, and the Utica Music & Arts Festival.
- Stand with the Patriots and experience Revolutionary War history at Fort Stanwix National Monument and learn about Native American Indian Culture at Shako:wi Cultural Center.
- Feeling a bit intellectual? We have eleven (11) colleges and universities in our region.
- We play host to world-class golf....tee off at Atunyote one of Turning Stone Resort Casino's championship courses and former home of one of the PGA FedEx Cup championship tournaments. You can certainly find your swing on any of the 29+ courses in Oneida County.
- Looking for diversity in culinary? You can find it here! Utica was chosen by USA Today in 2009 as One of the Top Cities with International Flair and its reflected in our diverse culinary offerings...Greek, Italian, Irish, Middle East, Polish, Hispanic, Indian, Bosnian and more! Ready, set, taste!
- Did You Know? Utica-Rome, Oneida County is a hot bed of invention and the location of many firsts, global companies and more. Check out the Did You Know list at Call Mohawk Valley Home for more details..........click here!
- Utica is home to the largest 15K road race in the country........the Boilermaker! More than 6,500 volunteers produce a road race hosting more than 14,000 runners from around the world since 1978!
- Are you thirsty? Make your way to F. X. Matt Brewery, Varick Street, Utica for a tour and taste of Saranac, Utica Club and a variety of soft drinks. F.X. Matt Brewery sold the very first beer after prohibition was abolished! Come taste the tradition and make sure to experience Saranac Thursday - a summertime concert series hosting several thousand for music, beer and fun in downtown Utica every week.
- Oh, there's more..........call or email........we have lots to talk and write about!
Kelly Blazosky, President
Oneida County Tourism